Friday, May 7, 2010

Impromptu Pictures

Today I thought about doing some study but went to take some pictures instead.  The light seemed quite neat and I wanted to make use of it, so I walked around my university campus and took 10 pictures (5 are below).

Last month I was looking at the work of German photographer Thomas Struth.  I will borrow some words from Guy Tosatto - Thomas Struth has, for more than twenty years now, dedicated himself to recording the urban landscapes of the New World, which were born with photography, and those of the Old World, haunted by the ghosts of history. ... in this austere and dispassionate mediation on towns, we find an inquiry into time, a time that only photography seems capable of revealing.  I find the camera's ability to investigate very fascinating.  To portray a subject without some sort of predisposed view can be hard (like when positioning the camera), and I find the objective style of German photographers to be quite curious.

I'll talk more about Struth later.  For now, some pictures, the blurred people are a reference to Struth's Museum Photographs.









No comments:

Post a Comment