Monday, May 3, 2010

Musoc Poster

Musoc, the students' Musical Society at my university, is putting on a show in the next couple of months.  They had a person lined up to take a picture for their poster, but this person changed their plans.  My name was passed along and they asked if I would be able to take some photos for them.

Here's a sneak peek:  Using my DSLR to take a picture through the viewfinder of my RZ67.  I wanted to see that the foreground flash was working OK, it was.  This was one of the darkest places I have ever tried to take a good photo... I settled on 1/15sec at f4, Fuji 400 neg film, I wasn't too worried about the slow shutter speed as the people in the background are out of focus anyway, and the foreground flash (the only flash light in the frame) freezed the subject at the front.  110mm 2.8 lens.  Note that the RZ67's viewfinder presents a left-to-right image, I prefer it this way, I might actually experiment with flipping the 'good' photo.  It would be nice to have some 'proper' strobes, if funds would ever permit!

No comments:

Post a Comment