Thursday, April 29, 2010

Canta's Cover

The students at my university are back to lectures this week.  We had a three week break, and it demolished what little rhythm I had accumulated in my studies.  Having said that, I am a mere first-year student and I have not yet been introduced to the concept of hard work, and I imagine some other students would have welcomed the respite.  Time off did give me the opportunity to begin researching artists who take group portraits.  To start with, I have been looking at the work of Thomas Struth.  I enjoy the objective style of some of the current German photographers, they can be impersonal at times, but this can be compelling, and gives viewers the opportunity to view the subjects without too much of a prior discernment by the photographer.  In later posts I will discuss some ideas that I have learned about in my research.

This week, I allowed Canta magazine two options for their cover picture, for their 80th birthday issue.  They used the first photo, I'm glad, I preferred it.





From a flat last week:



No comments:

Post a Comment